These days I’m late to almost everything. I was obviously going to post this on Tuesday but due to my lack of motvation, I couldn’t. I had already written the post but was too lazy to edit it.
Anyway, I’m not anticipating a lot of books this year. The reason is that I’m not that active on social media anymore and that’s why I’m unaware of many of the (hopefully) good books releasing this year. I only know a few and I’m going to mention them only.
- Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali – This is about a Muslim Hijabi girl who is also a photographer. This is written by a Muslim author and she’s such a lovely person! I’m really excited to read it.
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West – I hate this cover. It’s cheesy and really the kind of cover that makes me not to read a book but the things is; I like Kasie West’s books and that’s why I’m excited to read this one. I hope it’s not like By Your Side because I didn’t like that one at all..
- The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana – A book about Indian Folklore? I’M IN!! It’s apparently perfect for the fans of The Star-Touched Queen – I actually abandoned the book – but I’m excited for this one!
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao – This is an anti-heroine “East Asian fantasy reimagining of The Evil Queen legend” with witches and The Evil Queen herself. I’m in love with stories about anti-heroines and really excited to read this one.
- Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi – It’s a book by my FAV AUTHOR! But that’s not the only reason why I’m excited. Here why: a) There’s a Hijabi on the cover b) THAT COVER! c) It’s a companion to Furthermore which, by the way, I adore! d) a dark Persian fantasy about a girl who washes dead bodies of people… Do I need to say more?
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.