Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books To Read If Your Book Club Likes _____
I’m choosing Inspirational Books. Almost all of these books are YA except for one. Most of these books are based on mental illnesses/bullying and the reason why I’m sharing these books with you is because I want people to read more about this particular subject to understand better.
- Am I Normal Yet? (The Spinster Club #1) by Holly Bourne –This book is about a girl who suffers from OCD. This book is simply amazing! It also deals with feminism, friendship, and relationships.
Nice Girls Endure by Chris Struyk-Bonn – Chelsea is a really talented girl but her talents are overlooked because people mostly notice her weight. That has ended up in her becoming shy and not talking to anyone for the fear of judgment.
- Dying To Forget (The Station #1) by Trish Marie Dawson – This is a fantasy book that deals with suicide. Piper commits suicide and gets stuck in The Station where she’s given two choices; either enter her own personal hell or go back to earth and save someone else from committing suicide. The author has dealt with such a delicate topic of suicide in a really good way and I think that this book should be read by a lot of people because it’s really an underrated book.
- The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth – This book is about a woman suffering from Alzheimer. I read this book at the beginning of the year and I really loved it.
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga – This book is about Aysel who is a physics nerd. She’s depressed and is looking for a suicide partner – someone she can commit suicide with. Jasmine Warga has written this book so beautiful that you can’t help but fall in love with it and her writing.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – This is also a fantasy/time-travel book. Samantha dies in a terrible car accident on Feb 12 (the big party night) however, she wakes up the next morning all fine and nothing like the accident ever happened. In fact, she wakes up 7 times before she realizes her mistakes. This book is about how even the slightest of our actions can affect a person.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – I don’t even need to tell you to read this book!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Cath is a nerd and an introvert and she’s starting college. But the worst part is that her twin sister, Wren, has decided to leave her and venture out on her own path. This book is all about being an introvert, family issues, relationships but it’s more than that. Plus Cath is a BIG nerd.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Everyone knows about this book so I don’t think I need to write a long paragraph about it.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – Another Rainbow Rowell book. It’s about Eleanor and Park (duh) and their relationship. This book deals with bullying, violence, and sexual abuse.
How many of these have you read?