This is the third time as you can see!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Since I’m nominated by 2 people, I’ll answer half of Rimsha’s questions and half of Ambreen’s!
1. If you could describe your blog in one word/phrase, what would it be?
I think my blog’s title – A Bibliophile’s Obsession – perfectly describes my blog. I write about the things I’m obsessed with, and sometimes the things that make me want to puke my guts out though it’s not a part of my blog’s title, obviously.
2. What is the most important thing you have learned through your blogging journey so far?
Everyone has a story. We all are different but somewhat similar to each other in one way or another.
3. What was your favourite childhood story/book?
My Pakistani readers can relate to this. Do you know the section in Akhbar e Jahan (a newspaper) dedicated to children’s stories written by children themselves? That was one of my favorite parts of my childhood. I know, it’s not a single favourite storybook or anything but a collection of thousands of stories that I used to read every Sunday. I would devour ALL the stories in one day and then I would wait for the next week for another issue of Akhbar e Jahan. That was my childhood.
4. If you could only wear one type of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Flat pumps or sneakers!
I have these flat pumps that I bought almost two years ago and I can’t tell you how much I adore them. They’re like the only shoes I ever wear and I don’t think I’m ever going to get tired of them. They’re simple and not fancy but they still look like I bought them yesterday!
5. What motivates you to write/blog?
I don’t really know. Sometimes an idea or even words stuck me and I start writing. No one can force me to write. If I start writing, I don’t stop. For example, this is the 8th post I’m writing in a row! But, I don’t even share my words on Social Media. I’m not talking about posts, I’m talking about words I write when I’m feeling a certain emotion. I feel like this answer is really confusing..
6. Are you a morning or an afternoon/evening person?
As much as I would love to be a morning person, I’m not. I’m nocturnal. I can’t sleep at night most of the time. When I finally sleep, I wake up next afternoon. So, I’m an afternoon person.
7. If you could bring one change in the world, what would it be? And why?
I would either eradicate illiteracy or poverty from the world. I believe that if people are educated then they know how to make the right decisions. If there’s no poverty, people wouldn’t die because of hunger and they wouldn’t murder people for money. And they would receive the education because money won’t be holding them back.
I’m stuck between the two.
8. Favorite childhood cartoons?
PowerPuff Girls, Dexter, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Tom and Jerry and Scobby Doo etc. I remember I used to wake up early in the morning and watch Dragon Tales and Baby Loony Tunes on Cartoon Network. I still watch these cartoons sometimes 😀
9. Your favorite poem?
I’m not really into poems but we had this poem in our English textbook and it’s a really famous one by Robert Frost so you might know it. My most favorite verse was this one:
I also love Allama Iqbal’s poetry because you can’t help but fall in love with the way he writes. His poems are uplifting, inspiring, and encourage you to become something and to do something with your life.
10. What does writing mean to you?
Writing is a way for me to express myself in words. It’s a way for me to free my mind and it soothes my soul. I write a lot, however, I don’t share my writings on the internet as mentioned above.
11. What was your answer to “what do you want to become when you grow up?” as a child and are you still following that dream?
My answer used to change a lot. Sometimes, it was to become a teacher (we’ve all been here) and sometimes I wanted to become an Astronaut (I was obsessed with galaxies when I was a kid. I still am!). There were times when my answer would be,”wife” so, I wouldn’t have to study.
Now, all I wanna do is get a medical degree and choose a medical field, build a stable career for myself and become an independent woman.
- A Forest of Books and Memories
- The Jouska Blog
- The Realm of the Chaos Fairy
- Hanging With Amanda
- My Book File
- Bookshelves & Biros
- Inked Brownies
- Little Frog Scribbles
- Book Ninja
- Blogs By Amna
- Nefarious Reader
- What was the last picture you took with your phone?.
- Who was your first follower?
- If you could be any age for a week, which age would it be?
- Favourite word? Least favourite word?
- Share something funny that happened to you recently.
- What made you start blogging?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- Your pet peeves?
I hope you enjoy answering my questions.
Thanks again Rimsha and Ambreen for nominating me 🙂