Click here to read the article on MyTrendingStories.com
As a reader, facts about old literature or literature in general always fascinates me like the books I read. So I have gathered a few facts that are really interesting and I’m sharing these facts with you all!
1. The first book that was written using the typewriter was The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
2. William Shakespeare is the first person to record/invent the words: amazement, bedroom, advertising, blanket, bump, gloomy, puking, gossip, drugged, champion, accused, addiction, torture, and many others.
3. Pride and Prejudice was originally titled First Impressions.
4. The Harry Potter books are said to be the most banned in America because of religious complaints.
5. One study found that people who read are two and a half times less likely to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s later in life.
6. As a schoolboy, Roald Dahl was a taste-tester for Cadbury’s chocolate.
7. The Japanese word ‘tsundoku’ means ‘buying a load of books and then not getting round to reading them’
8. Aladdin was originally Chinese in The Arabian Nights.
9. ‘Bibliosmia‘ is the enjoyment of the smell of old books.
10. Reading for just six minutes a day can reduce stress by 68%.
How many of these facts you already knew?