Hey, everyone! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Emma @ emdoesbookreviews and Fatima @ notablepad. Check out their blog if you haven’t yet. As you can tell, this is the second time I have been nominated to do this award and I’m honoured. 🙂
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
Let the bloggers know you nominated them
Give them 11 questions of your own
1. You have to burn one book from your shelf. Which book do you choose?
That’s not really hard. There’s this one book on my shelf and it actually belongs to my sister who isn’t really a reader. The book is
Princess (The Princess Trilogy #1)
by Jean Sasson
My sister didn’t allow me to read it when I was young and now it’s condition is so bad and the pages are torn and frayed and the cover is worn and I also don’t have any interest in this book right now.
2. Which non-canon ship do you ship the most?
I really want to see Luna and Neville together. Both of them are my favourite characters from HP and I just ship them so much it physically hurts. I know, these two ended up with two different persons but in my head, these two ended up together and that’s what really matters to me. 😀
3. Name an author whose book(s) you have been planning to read for a long time and just haven’t gotten around to yet.
Sarah J. Maas. I have ALL of her books on my shelf and I haven’t even read one of them. However, I have started Throne of Glass last night and I’m really excited because so many people have been recommending me her books.
4. Who is your least favourite author and why?
Because it is “least favourite” I would like to mention Stephanie Perkins. I’m not in love with Anna and the French Kiss or Isla and the Happily Ever After. Her only book that I love is Lola and the Boy Next Door and that is my favourite. ❤
5. When asked if you have read a particular book, do you ever pretend you have when you have not? (Be honest!)
Nope, I never pretended something like that. I haven’t read many of the series and everyone knows that 😀
6. Has there been an instance where you prefer the movie/TV adaptation to the book? What was it?
Yup. I prefer A Walk To Remember movie to the book. I watched the movie first and enjoyed it a lot but then I read the novel. I hoped to like the book better but I didn’t. The book was good but I loved the changes they made in the movie including the bucket wish-list thing was really a good addition and I also prefer The Duff movie although I haven’t even watched it yet. xD
7. Which book have you owned for the longest and not read yet?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Windmills of Gods by Sidney Sheldon. I bought both of these books at a book fair 3 or 4 years ago and I tried reading Pride and Prejudice a lot of times but I couldn’t get through it. I’ll read Pride and Prejudice soon because it’s my friend’s favourite. ❤
8. How often do you cry when reading? Which book has made you cry the most?
I don’t cry that often. To be honest, I rarely cry while reading a book. Although I did shed some tears while reading an Urdu book Lahasil and also when I was reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix because well, you know *coughs* how it ended.
9. Name a popular character you just cannot bring yourself to like. Why do you dislike them?
I have already mentioned Tris and Jace before. So, this time, I’d like to mention Clary. I liked her in the first book but couldn’t in the second and third book.
I don’t like Clary because of Jace and because of how annoying she gets sometimes. I have also mentioned her name before but never really wrote the reason why I don’t like her at all. So, Jace makes fun of everyone including Simon and even Clary which I hate because Clary puts up with him and never tells him to shut his mouth. I also hate that she never really defended Simon who is her best friend. Honestly, if anyone talked to my best friend the way Jace talks to Simon, I would throw them off the cliff (figuratively) but no, I would never tolerate someone making fun of my bestfriend.
10. If you could live in any fantasy world, just for one day, where would you want to live?
Hogwarts. Because Hogwarts is my home. ❤
11. What is the one bookish trope you are most fed up of reading about?
Do I have to mention only one? because I have a lot! I’m really tired of some bookish trope that are repeated again and again and if I could, I would ban all of them.Now, these tropes are: Love triangles (my most hated trope), bad boys getting the girl (why are there even good guys in the world? at the end of the day, heroine will go with the bad guy), corrupt leaders or government (literally tired of this one because every book has this trope now :/)
Since I’m really busy to make or find some questions, I’ll skip this step and you have to answer the question by Emma and I don’t think that you’ll find any problem with that because her questions are really cool and I enjoyed answering them!
Her questions are:
- You have to burn one book from your shelf. Which book do you choose?
- Which non-canon ship do you ship the most?
- Name an author whose book(s) you have been planning to read for a long time and just haven’t gotten around to yet.
- Who is your least favourite author and why?
- When asked if you have read a particular book, do you ever pretend you have when you have not? (Be honest!)
- Has there been an instance where you prefer the movie/TV adaptation to the book? What was it?
- Which book have you owned for the longest and not read yet?
- How often do you cry when reading? Which book has made you cry the most?
- Name a popular character you just cannot bring yourself to like. Why do you dislike them?
- If you could live in any fantasy world, just for one day, where would you want to live?
- What is the one bookish trope you are most fed up of reading about?
Thanks again Emma for the reward and I really enjoyed answering all your questions! 🙂