Read from August 31 to September 01, 2015
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn’t want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she’s made for herself—and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Review and Rating :
This book was included in the list of the series I had no intentions to read. I didn’t want to read this book because I thought it was nothing but a cheesy love story.
I was wrong.
I didn’t buy this book, my sister did. She wanted to read this book so she bought it. I fell in love with the cover when I saw it although I was not planning to read it.
What I like about this book?
1. The story is good. The competition thing is great.
2. It’s entertaining, romantic and fascinating.
3. The cover is so beautiful and amazing.
4. I laughed or smiled lots of times. Like, I had to hide my face or sit somewhere alone because I couldn’t stop smiling.
What I don’t like about this book?
1. The character names. Like, America Singer. I just don’t get why author named her this?
2. Prince Maxon goes out with every girl. Okay, they are in a competition but he acts like he’s interested in everyone.
3. Why can’t America accept that she’s gorgeous?
4. The book ends with a CLIFFHANGER